Fuzzy Control of Double-Layer Spherical Shell Structure under Seismic Response
The reticulated shell structure has high degree of geometric nonlinearity, and time-variety of stiffness and damping under seismic response. Fuzzy control has better control effect for the system of time-varying parameters, nonlinearity and strong coupling. Recognizing this, fuzzy control method is proposed to apply to MR damper, and the vibration control analysis of shell structure is carried out based on the method. According to the basic principle of fuzzy control, for the general Bouc-Wen model as the mechanical model of MR damper, the fuzzy controller for MR damping structure is designed by the fuzzy control toolbox and the Simulink block in MATLAB, and the fuzzy control analysis of the span 60 meters of double-layer spherical shell structure is carried out under seismic response. The results show that: for the vertex and the node of rod piece on which MR damper installed of the shell structure under fuzzy control, the peak value of displacement, velocity and acceleration are averagely decreased by 56.8% in comparison with no control structure, the control effect is remarkable, so the MR fuzzy controller is demonstrated to be effective and reliable.
KeywordsFuzzy control MR damper shell structure seismic response vibration control of structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yingqing, G.: Intelligent Reducing Vibration Control Study of Magnetorheological Damper Structure. Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, Xi’an (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Shi, Y., Hongnan, L., Hailin, L.: A Review of Fuzzy Structure Vibration Control. Journal of Shenyang Arch. and Civ. Eng. Inst. 16(2), 94–98 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Yinchang, C.: The Vibration Control of Brige with Magnetorheological Damper. Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Dingyu, X., Yangquan, C.: MATLAB Solutions to Mathematical Problems in Control. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Deshan, W., Shuisheng, C., Qifa, L.: Fuzzy Semi-active Control for Civil Engineering Structure by Using Magnetorheological Dampers Subjected to Seismic Excitation. Earthquake Engineering and Eengineering Vibration 25(4), 149–154 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Peng, Z.: Application of Fuzzy Control in Structural Vibration Control. Dalian University of Technology, Dalian (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhonghua, L.: Research on Semi-active Fuzzy Control of Structure with MR Damper. Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Shiyong, L.: Fuzzy Control Neurocontrol and Intelligent Cybernetics. Harbin Institute of Technology Press, Harbin (1998)Google Scholar