Discussion and Perspectives
Throughout this text in about all chapters already some extended discussions about the presented results are given. Thus, at the end of the complete text only a short summary and general interpretation is given mainly to bring together results from different experimental sections. Additionally, something like an outlook for future experiments is given at some places. Especially according to technological aspects of this text, mainly the microgravity platforms, this necessarily includes highly political speculations about where manned space flight could go, and whether it is necessary at all.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hille B., 1992, Ionic Channels of Excitable Membranes, Sinauer, Sunderland.Google Scholar
- Weiss T.F., 1997, Cellular Biophysics: Electrical Properties, The MIT Press, Boston.Google Scholar
- Horn E., 1982, Vergleichende Sinnesphysiologie, Gustav Fischer Verlag, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Hodgkin A.L., 1964, The Conduction of Nervous Impulse, Charles C. Thomas, Springfield.Google Scholar
- Fernandes de Lima V.M., Goldermann M. and Hanke W., 1999, The Retinal Spreading Depression, Shaker Verlag, Aachen,.Google Scholar
- Murray J.D., 2002, Mathematical Biology I and II, Springer, New York.Google Scholar
- Müller J., 1838–1840, Handbuch der Physiologie des Menschen für Vorlesungen, 2 vols, Hölscher, CoblenzGoogle Scholar