A Trial Evaluation of Distributed Campus Network Environment Based on Comparison of Theoretical and Real Performance of Packet Flow Amount Using Video Transmission System
In order to manage and utilize distributed campus network environment efficiently, a video transmission scheme has been designed for simultaneous communication among multiple areas. The scheme is organized with a specified server, a digital video encoder, client devices and so on. This paper introduces design of our video transmission scheme, formulation procedure for performance evaluation of real campus network and demonstration of quantitative evaluation of the network with comparison of its measured packet flow amount. And it also illustrates a summary of experimental results for the above performance evaluation and describes several comments to future problem solving for phenomena, which has been met in such a real experiment.
KeywordsNetwork conference system protocol of DVTS (Digital Video Transmission System) System design and performance evaluation Distributed campus network environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Inoue, T., et al.: Design and Implementation of the Incrementally Deployable Multicast System Based on Flexcast. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE) J88-D1(2), 272–291 (2005) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.LiveSpark, http://www.ntt-at.co.jp/product/livespark/
- 3.Digital Video Transfer System, http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS/
- 4.DV-CUBE, http://www.fase.co.jp/DvCube/
- 5.Cisco Catalyst 2960G, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6406/
- 6.Imai, Y., et al.: Design and Trial Evaluation of an Inter-multipoint Video Transmission Scheme for Efficient Management of Distributed Campus Network. IPSJ SIG Technical Report 2009-GN-71 (26), 151–156 (March 2009) (in Japanese)Google Scholar