The Policy of applying RAMS to evaluate Railway Signalling Systems for reliable Transportation
This paper describes how we adopted RAMS   for railway signalling system management. We wanted to use this standard to railway signalling system to improve performance, maintenance and reduce failures. We evaluate railway signaling system by a parameter, and the parameter that shows the customer impact level from a railway signalling equipment system down is selected for evaluating reliability and the risks are analyzed. Then certain problems became clear and countermeasures examined, some of which were improved.
KeywordsRAMS Signalling System Reliability Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Railway applications - Specification and demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety, IEC 62278 Ed. 1.0:2002 / EN 50126(1999)Google Scholar
- 2.S.Hiraguri: International Standard overseas railways. Trend and problem concerning RAMS standard In: Railway and electrical technology, Vol. 16, Reliability Engineering Association of Japan, Japan (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.East Japan Railway Company Information, http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/index.html
- 4.T.Nanya: Fault tolerant computer (in Japanese),Ohmsha,Japan (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.H.Makabe : Introduction to reliability engineering(in Japanese), Japanese standard association (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Y.Hirano,et.al: Development of Railway signalling System based on Network Technology, Proc.of IEEE SMC(2005)Google Scholar