Model-based Integration Framework for Development and Testing Tool-chains ★
System development processes are typically supported by dozens of different tools that assist the designer in various phases of development like modeling, verification, source code generation, testing. Tool-chains can be formed by the integration of tools that are related to the subsequent steps of the process. In this paper, we present a service-oriented, metamodel-driven, process-centric approach for the definition and execution of these tool-chains. Related data are handled as an important part of the process as the traceability of these is needed for the certification of the systems. The implementation is provided as an open, extensible framework. The approach is demonstrated using a model based test case generation process applied for automotive and railway systems.
KeywordsTool Integration Execution Support for Tool-chains Processcentric Service-oriented Model-driven Support of Development and Test Processes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The MOGENTES Project: Model-based Generation of Tests for Dependable Embedded Systems, EU FP7 Research Project http://mogentes.eu.
- 2.Einar W. Karlsen: The UniForM WorkBench: A Higher Order Tool Integration Framework. Lecture Notes In Computer Science 1641/1999 (1999) 266–280.Google Scholar
- 3.Gábor Karsai, András Lang, Sandeep Neema: Design patterns for open tool integration. Software and Systems Modeling 4(2) (2004) 157–170.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Amelunxen, F. Klar, et al: Metamodel-based Tool Integration with MOFLON. In: Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, ACM (2008) 807–810.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Salay, et al: An Eclipse-based Tool Framework for Software Model Management. In: OOPSLA Workshop on Eclipse Technology eXchange, ACM (2007) 55–59.Google Scholar
- 7.The SENSORIA Project: The SENSORIA Development Environment Homepage (2009) http://svn.pst.ifi.lmu.de/trac/sct.
- 8.Tiziana Margaria, Ralf Nagel, Bernhard Steffen: jETI: A Tool for Remote Tool Integration. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2440/2005 (2005) 557–562.Google Scholar
- 9.IBM Rational: Jazz Community Site http://jazz.net/.
- 10.P. Haumer: Increasing Development Knowledge with EPF Composer. Eclipse Review (2006) http://haumer.net/rational/publications.html.
- 11.Apache Jackrabbit: The reference JSR-170 implementation http://jackrabbit.apache.org/.
- 12.Apache Subversion: A version control system http://subversion.apache.org/.
- 13.GMF: Eclipse graphical modeling framework http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/gmp/?project=gmf.
- 14.John Koenig: JBoss jBPM White Paper. Technical report, The JBoss Group / Riseforth.com (2004) http://jbossgroup.com/pdf/jbpm\_whitepaper.pdf.
- 15.JBoss.org: jPDL User Guide. (2006) http://www.jboss.org/jbossjbpm/jbpm\_documentation.
- 16.G. Pintér, I. Majzik: Test Case Generation Base on an Integrated UML Data and Behavior Semantics. In: submitted to FORMS/FORMAT 2010. (2010)Google Scholar