EasyICT: A Framework for Measuring ICT-Skills of People with Cognitive Disabilities
Over the last decade, the basic skills to operate a computer (ICT skills) are an essential requirement to participate in the current digital era. People not possessing these skills are likely to miss access to education, entertainment, business and social life. In particular for people with cognitive limitations, this is a real threat. In the EasyICT project, we aimed at the development of a training and assessment framework, supported by an on-line tool. Using this tool youngsters with mental disabilities can be systematically tested for their ICT skills. As a result, they receive a report and additional training material in order to improve their skills.
KeywordsIntellectual Disability Assessment Framework Test Question Mental Disability Cognitive Disability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Website: EasyICT (2010), http://www.easyict.eu
- 2.Group, I.S.M.: E-Business and ICT skills in europe (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Welsum, D.V., Vickery, G.: New perspectives on ICT skills and employment / working party on the information economy. Technical report, OECD, Paris (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Website: ECDL foundation: The european computer driving licence (2010), http://www.ecdl.com/publisher/index.jsp
- 5.Website: Dokeos e-learning, general adress (2010), http://www.dokeos.com/
- 6.Website: WAI-NOT vzw (2010), http://www.wai-not.org/