Canceling Interference Caused by Tremors in Joystick Controller: Study Case in a Power Wheelchair
People with disabilities such as Parkinson’s, Holmess or other disease have difficulty operating conventional joysticks because of the tremor. This paper will present a study of the joystick control for the minimization of this tremor. For this minimization, different types filter and control were study and compared. These controls were tested in a wheelchair laboratory to see the behavior of the wheelchair with diferents inputs. Simulation results were presented to show the tremor cancel as well as the performance of the control development. With this results is possible to develop new products for people with special needs and to develop better controls for people with tremor hand.
Keywordswheelchair dynamics vehicle model tremor control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ding, D., et al.: Optimized joystick controller. In: 26th Annual Internactional Conference of IEEE EMBS, San Francisco, US, pp. 4881–4883. IEEE Press, San Francisco (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Gonzlez, J.G., et al.: A customized optimal filter for eliminationg operator’s tremor. In: Procceding SPIE’s International Symposim on Intelligent Systems and Advanced Manufacturing-Telemanipulaton and Telepresence Tecnologies II, Philadelphia (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Gonzlez, J.G., et al.: A new approach to suppressing abnormal tremor through signal equalization. In: Procceding RESNA Annual Conference, pp. 707–709, Vancouver (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Riley, P., Rosen, M.: Evaluating manual control devices for those with tremor disability. J. Rehab. Res. 24, 99–110 (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.Riviere, C.N., Thakor, N.V.: Assitive computer interface for pen input by persons with tremor. In: Procceding RESNa Internation, Vancouver (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Cichaczewski, E., Cunha, J.C.: Sistema computacional de auxilo ao diagnstico e availao de tremores. In: XV Congresso Argentino de Bioengenharia: 027EI, Argentina (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Farhang-Boroujeny, B.: Adaptive Filter Theory and Application. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Jurez-Hermndez, M.A., et al.: A Fuzzy Adaptove Filter For System Identification. In: Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers (2005)Google Scholar