Improving the Accessibility of Fabasoft Folio by Means of WAI-ARIA
A lot of web applications already use AJAX to give the user the feeling of a desktop application. To make these applications more accessible for people with disabilities, the code can be enriched with WAI-ARIA roles, states and properties. This paper presents a practical case study, where an AJAX-based web application – Fabasoft Folio – has been evaluated and a solution through WAI-ARIA enrichment has been proposed and will be implemented for different widgets used in the application.
KeywordsAJAX WAI-ARIA Fabasoft Folio Fabasoft eGov-Suite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ajax (programming) - Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_programming
- 2.WAI-ARIA Overview, http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria
- 3.Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0 W3C Working Draft (December 15, 2009), http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/
- 4.Fabasoft Folio - Products, http://www.fabasoft.com/folio/products
- 5.Fabasoft eGov-Suite - Overview, http://www.fabasoft.com/egov-suite/fabasoft-egov-suite/overview
- 6.Scrum (development) - Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_development