In-Folio: An Open Source Portfolio for Students with Learning Disabilities
In-Folio is an Open Source e-Portfolio application developed to address the specific needs of the Independent Specialist Colleges sector. This sector caters for students with wide ranging learning difficulties and disabilities, often profound and multiple, and while currently available applications do address accessibility well they were not felt to be suitable for this group of learners. An e-Portfolio application that would meet the specifications of this sector was developed, with further modifications in process.
Keywordsaccessibility e-portfolio e-learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.National Association of Specialist Colleges (UK), http://www.natspec.org.uk
- 2.The Innovation Fund, http://www.techdis.ac.uk/getinnovation
- 3.Kickstart Programme, http://www.techdis.ac.uk/index.php?p=2_3_14
- 4.Home Farm Trust, http://www.hft.org.uk/What_we_do/Assistive_technology
- 5.PebblePad, http://www.pebblepad.co.uk
- 6.People and Places, http://www.cdsm.co.uk/products/pandp/index.htm
- 7.Elgg, http://elgg.org/
- 8.In-Folio training materials, http://www.in-folio.org.uk/blog/?page_id=89