Integrating Information Extraction Agents into a Tourism Recommender System
Recommender systems face some problems. On the one hand information needs to be maintained updated, which can result in a costly task if it is not performed automatically. On the other hand, it may be interesting to include third party services in the recommendation since they improve its quality. In this paper, we present an add-on for the Social-Net Tourism Recommender System that uses information extraction and natural language processing techniques in order to automatically extract and classify information from the Web. Its goal is to maintain the system updated and obtain information about third party services that are not offered by service providers inside the system.
Keywordsrecommender systems information agents
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ricci, F., Werthner, H.: Case-based querying for travel planning recommendation. Information Technology and Tourism 4(3-4), 215–226 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Loh, S., Lorenzi, F., Saldana, R., Litchnow, D.: A tourism recommender system based on collaboration and text analysis. Information Technology and Tourism 6, 157–165Google Scholar
- 3.Fesenmaier, D., Ricci, F., Schaumlechner, E., Wober, K., Zanella, C.: Dietorecs: Travel advisory for multiple decision styles. In: Proc. of the ENTER 2003, pp. 232–242 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Rudstrom, A., Fagerberg, P.: Socially enhaced travel booking: a case study. Information Technology and Tourism 6(3)Google Scholar
- 7.Lopez, J.S., Bustos, F.A., Julian, V., Rebollo, M.: Developing a multiagent recommender system: A case study in tourism industry. International Transactions on Systems Science and Applications 4, 206–212 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Flesca, S., Manco, G., Masciari, E., Rende, E., Tagarelli, A.: Web wrapper induction: a brief survey. AI Commun. 17(2), 57–61 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, Y.: Noise reduction in a statistical approach to text categorization. In: Proc. of the SIGIR 1995, pp. 256–263 (1995)Google Scholar