Towards a Theory on Collaborative Decision Making in Enterprise Architecture
Several challenges in enterprise architecture development indicate the need for collaborative decision making to be deployed during architecture creation. However, how this should be achieved remains ad hoc. This paper, therefore, presents an evolving theory that is currently being used to guide the development of a method for supporting collaborative decision making during enterprise architecture creation. The first iteration to evaluate the relevance of the concepts in this theory was done using an exploratory survey, and the findings are briefly presented.
KeywordsEnterprise Architecture Collaborative Decision Making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Simon, H.A.: The New Science of Management Decision. Harper and Row, New York (1960)Google Scholar
- 2.Hevner, A.R., March, S.T., Park, J., Ram, S.: Design Science in Information Systems Research. MIS Quarterly 28(1), 75–105 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Gregor, S.: The Nature of Theory in Information Systems. MIS Quaterly, 30(3), 611–642 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Lankhorst, M., et al.: Enterprise Architecture at Work: Modelling, Communication, and Analysis. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Janssen, M., Cresswell, A.: The Development of a Reference Architecture for Local Government. In: HICSS. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Raiffa, H., Richardson, J., Metcalfe, D.: Negotiation Analysis - Science & Art of Collaborative Decision Making. Belknap Harvard, Cambridge (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.The Open Group Architecture Forum. TOGAF Version 9. Zaltbommel. Van Haren Publishing, The Netherlands (2009), ISBN: 978-90-8753-230-7 Google Scholar
- 9.Op ‘t Land, M., Proper, H.A., Waage, M., Cloo, J., Steghuis, C.: Enterprise Architecture - Creating Value by Informed Governance. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Kolfschoten, G.L.: Theoretical Foundations for Collaboration Engineering. Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Schrage, M.: Shared Minds. Random House, New York (1990)Google Scholar