A User-Oriented and Context-Aware Service Orchestration Framework for Dynamic Home Automation Systems
The home environment has become increasingly sophisticated. Sensors and actuators allow a house to be programmed so that it can intelligently adapt to user needs. Unfortunately it has not become any easier for the user to manage all these devices. Our ontology driven framework describes a user-oriented automation system to help with this process by not only orchestrating home automation devices, but also by integrating new equipment and automating them as much as possible. By combining devices with a common functionality in a given context, relevant devices are pulled together in an intuitive user interface in which one can express preferences at a high level of abstraction. The big advantage is that our framework allows for the home environment to be adjusted without the user having to know about the technical details of devices in the home automation system.
Keywordshome automation context-awareness service composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bonino, D., Corno, F.: Dogont - ontology modeling for intelligent domotic environments. LNCS, pp. 790–803 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, G., Kotz, D.: A Survey of Context-Aware Mobile Computing Research, Department of Computer Science. Dartmouth College (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, H., Finin, T., Joshi, A.: The soupa ontology for pervasive computing. Ontologies for Agents: Theory and Experiences, 233–258 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.OASIS. Web services business process execution language version 2.0 (2007), http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/wsbpel-v2.0.html
- 9.Rao, J., Su, X.: A survey of automated web service composition methods. In: Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Semantic Web Services and Web Process Composition, pp. 43–54 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Schmidt, A.: Implicit Human Computer Interaction Through Context. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 4(2/3) (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Sommaruga, L., Perri, A., Furfari, F.: Domoml-env: an ontology for human home interaction. In: SWAP 2005: Proc. of the 2nd Italian Semantic Web Workshop, p. 166 (2005)Google Scholar