Measuring the Quality of the u-Learning Service Using the Zone of Tolerance SERVQUAL
The purpose of this study is to analyze diverse factors that affect service quality of Digital textbook service. The ZOT(Zone of Tolerance) SERVQUAL has been applied to develop the research model. Users of the Digital textbook service were selected as subjects for the sample frame. A total of 115 surveys from over 112 schools were collected and used as data for analysis. Results of the survey by SPSS Win Ver. 12.0 showed that the perceived level of service quality in terms of reliability is particularly low, and is quite different from adequate quality. This paper suggests useful guidelines to education providers for improving their public u-Learning environment.
KeywordsMeasuring the Service Quality u-Learning Service Digital Textbook Public Education ICT based Learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Jeong, E.S., Song, Y.H., Chae, J.B.: A Study on Digital Textbook Development Strategies and Development Direction. In: Proc. of KIISE 2008; Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers 35(1), 230–235 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Song, H.D., Jeon, J.S., Ryou, J.H.: Study on the effectiveness on learners using Digital textbook. Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V.A., Berry, L.L.: SERVQUAL: a multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. J. of Retailing 64(1), 12–40 (1988)Google Scholar
- 13.Liljander, V.: Modeling perceived service quality using different comparison standards. J. of Consumer Satisfaction and Dissatisfaction 7, 126–142 (1994)Google Scholar
- 15.Nunnally, J.C.: Psychometric theory, 2nd edn. McGraw-Hill, New York (1978)Google Scholar