The Study of Educative Network Organizations in the City of Barcelona, Spain: The Nou Barris District
The research is focused on the description of the inside organization of educative networks (ENs) and the aspects that allowed their growth and success in the city of Barcelona (Spain). The ENs emerged over the last ten years in Catalonia, Spain, as a new way of facing the social and educative action in the territory. These educative proposals are based on the connection between the different educative institutions in the community, to tackle social and education challenges in cooperation through a common project. The intent of ENs is to create synergies between cooperating organizations, and to coordinate community action so as to avoid the overlaps that cause parallel work. Along these years and in spite of the difficulties found, the study shows how these educative structures take advantage of the context possibilities to improve educative impact and develop a new vision of organizing and conceiving education.
Keywordseducative networks cooperation educative organization territory synergies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Castells, M.: The Rise of the Network Society. The Information Age: Economy, Society and Culture, vol. 1. Blackwell, Malden (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Bauman, Z.: Els reptes de l’educació en la Modernitat líquida. Arcàdia, Barcelona (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Bertalanffy, L.: General System Theory: Foundations, Developement, Applications. Ed. George Braziller, New York (1969)Google Scholar
- 4.Morin, E.: Introducción al pensamiento complejo. Gedisa, Barcelona (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Torralba, F.: La responsabilitat asimétrica dels agents educatius sustenta la pedagogía de la coresponsabilitat. I Tribuna: Bases per a una pedagogía de la coresponsabilitat, Barcelona (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Halpern, D.: Social Capital. Polity Press, Cambridge (2005)Google Scholar