E-Learning as an Opportunity for the Public Administration
In this paper we will describe the results of a learning project in the Public Administration, highlighting the methodological approach based on a blended training model in a context that has never experienced this type of activities. The observations contained in the paper will be focused on the evaluation results of this experience and the redesign elements in term of alternation between the classroom and distance training, methodologies, the value and use of the e-learning platform and learning evaluation. The elements that emerge will also provide the basis for the design of future teaching actions for this context (in which at this moment we are involved). The objective is to identify a “learning model”, related also to the use of technological tools that are able to support lifelong learning and to define dynamics and process relating to facilitating learning activities of teachers and tutors.
KeywordsMetaphor Vinced Prose
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beamish, N., Armistead, C., Watkinson, M., Armfield, G.: The deployment of e-learning in UK/European corporate organisations. Euro Business Journ. 14(3), 342–350 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.IDEA, e-Learning in Local Government: A briefing paper, Improvement and Development Agency (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Strother, J.: An assessment of the effectiveness of e-learning in corporate training programmes. Int. Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 3(1), 1–17 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Bates, A.W., Bates, T.: Technology, E-learning and Distance Education, Routledgefalmer Studies. Distance Education (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Colazzo, L., Molinari, A., Villa, N.: SCORM-based webcasting and Learning Environment: architectural and technical issues. In: E-Learn 2008 - Las Vegas, Nevada, November 17-21. AACE (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Advanced Distributed Learning (2004) Scorm 2004 3rd edition - Content Aggregation Model (2004), http://www.adlnet.gov/downloads/AuthNotReqd.aspx?FileName=SCORM,3ED.DocSuite.zip&ID=237
- 8.Casagranda, M., Molinari, A., Pegoretti, V., Tomasini, S.: E-learning cost analysis: please give us some numbers!!! In: Web-based Education WBE 2010, March 15 – 17 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Gongla, P., Rizzato, C.R.: Evolving Community of practice: IBM Global Services experience. IBM System Journal (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Gray, D., Ryan, M., Coulon, A.: The Training of Teachers and Trainers: Innovative Practices, Skills and Competencies in the use of eLearning. European Journal of Open, Distance and e-learning (2) (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Kearsley, G., Blomeyer, R.: Preparing teachers to teach online. Educational Technology 44(1) (2004)Google Scholar