Research and Design of Deployment Framework for Blade-Based Data Center
- 1.6k Downloads
For those outsourcing data centers hosting different applications or services, blade server is becoming the most popular solution. But the deployment of systems in such data centers will be a time-consuming and cumbersome task. Moreover, the service provided by the servers in data center changed frequently, which require a flexible service management system to reduce the burden of the system administrator. This paper presents the Bladmin (Blade Admin) system to provide dynamic, flexible and quick service and operation system deployment. It can build a Virtual Environment (VE) for each service. All the nodes in the VE serves for one certain kind of application and some nodes have to be shift from one VE to another to adopt the varying workloads. Experiment results demonstrate that system-level performance has been greatly improved and the running of one Paradigm job also show the efficiency of Bladmin framework.
Keywordsblade server service deployment virtual environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Qiu, S., Wang, C., Zhen, Y.: Standardization Analysis of Blade Server. Information Technology and Standardization 11 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Tivoli, http://www.rembo.com/index.html
- 4.Chase, J., Grit, L., Irwin, D., Moore, J., Sprenkle, S.: Dynamic Virtual Clusters in a Grid Site Manager. In: Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing(HPDC-12), Seattle, WA (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Oliveira, F., Patel, J., Van Hensbergen, E., Gheith, A., Rajamony, R.: Blutopia: Cluster Life-cycle Management. Technical Report, IBMGoogle Scholar
- 7.Liu, Z., Xu, L., Yin, Y.: Blue Whale SonD: A Service-on-Demand Management System. Chinese Journal of Computers 28(7), 1110–1117 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Yin, Y., Liu, Z., Yang, S.: Vsvm-enhanced: a volume manager based on the evms framework. In: Grid and Cooperative Computing Workshops, 2006, pp. 424–431 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Tang, H., Feng, S., Zhang, H.: NVD: the Network Virtual Device for HA-SonD. In: Proceedings of International Workshop on Networking, Architecture, and Storages, Shenyang, China (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Nagios, http://www.nagios.org