A Multi-agent Recommender System to Suggest Documents in Communities of Practice
The importance of knowledge management has, in recent years, led to the incorporation of Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) into companies. Some of these KMS could be considered as Recommender Systems that are able to recommend knowledge, which is part of the company’s intellectual capital. However, these KMS are not always welcome in the company, since the knowledge is not stored by using a quality control, or because employees feel that these kinds of systems, rather then helping them, cause them extra work. In this paper we present an agent architecture combined with a trust model trying to avoid some of the problems that appear when a KMS is introduced into companies.
KeywordsKnowledge Management Systems Recommender Systems Agent Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hansen, B.H., Kautz, K.: Knowledge mapping: A technique for identifying knowledge flows in software organisations. In: Dingsøyr, T. (ed.) EuroSPI 2004. LNCS, vol. 3281, pp. 126–137. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Barbosa, E., Oliveira, J., Maia, L., de Souza, J.M.: Using recommendation systems for explicit knowledge dissemination and profiling identification for scientific and engineering contexts. In: 11th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD), vol. 1, 2, pp. 715–721 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Wenger, E.C., Snyder, W.M.: Communities of practice: The organizational frontier. Harvard Business Review 78(1) (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Ushida, Y., Hirayama, Y., Nakajima, H.: Emotion model for life-like agent and its evaluation. In: Fifteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 1998) and Tenth Conference on Innovative Applications of Artifical Intelligence (IAAI 1998), pp. 62–69 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Mui, L., Mohtashemi, M., Halberstadt, A.: Notions of reputation in multi-agents systems: a review. In: Proceedings of the first international joint conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, pp. 280–287 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Tripadvisor, http://www.tripadvisor.com
- 9.Soto, J.P., Vizcaíno, A., Portillo-Rodríguez, J., Piattini, M.: Why Should I Trust in a Virtual Community Member? In: Fonseca, B. (ed.) CRIWG 2009. LNCS, vol. 5784, pp. 126–133. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar