Distributed Computing Using RESTful Semantic Web Services
In this article RESTful semantic web services, a lightweight alternative for the description of semantic web services, are introduced. The conceptual model for this kind of semantic services is reviewed, showing the relationships between semantic meta-data and formalisms like triple space computing and REST constructs. An extension to the polyadic Pi-Calculus to model composition and coordination of semantic services is proposed The resulting computational model can serve as the basis for the description of agent systems implemented using standard semantic and web technologies. Finally, a sample implementation of a web application built using a composition of RESTful semantic web services is also proposed.
KeywordsTriple Pattern Triple Space IFIP International Conf Lightweight Alternative Rest Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akkiraju, R.: Web Service Semantics - WSDL-S (2005), http://www.w3.org/Submission/WSDL-S/
- 2.Battle, S.: Semantic Web Services Framework (SWSF) (2005), http://www.w3.org/Submission/2005/07/
- 3.Chinnici, R.: Request for Comment: 4627 (JSON) (2006), http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt
- 4.Fensel, D.: Triple-space computing: Semantic Web Services based on persistent publication of information. In: IFIP International Conf. on Intelligence in Communication Systems, pp. 43–53 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Fielding, R.: Architectural Styles and the Design of Network-based Software Architectures. University of California, Irvine (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Hayes, P.: RDF Semantics (2004) , http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/
- 8.Kopecky, V.: hRESTS and MicroWSMO (2009), http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax
- 9.Fensel, D.: Enabling Semantic Web Services: The Web Service Modeling Ontology. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Lausen, H.: Web Service Modeling Ontology (WSMO) (2005), http://www.w3.org/Submission/WSMO/
- 11.Martin, D.: OWL-S: Semantic Markup for Web Services (2004), http://www.w3.org/Submission/OWL-S/
- 12.Milner, R.: The Polyadic Pi-Calculus Logic and Algebra of Specification (1991)Google Scholar
- 14.Nixon, L.: Triple Space as a Global Semantic Coordination Middleware. In: 7th IEEE International Workshop on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructures for Collaborative Enterprises (2008)Google Scholar