Agent-Based Model of Kanban Flows in the Environment with High Demand Variances
The following paper introduces a very interesting and quite common problem of dealing with high demand variance. The company, in which the problem was identified, is of automotive industry and it produces elements of vehicles interior furnishing. The flows of materials and information in the company are presented and discussed and kanbans used to manage the flows are introduced. The solution of the problem is presented, as well as its model based on multi-agent model. The model is to be used in simulation testing efficiency of solution suggested in dynamic environment.
KeywordsKanban High-demand Agent-based model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lin, G.Y., Solberg, J.J.: An agent-based flexible routing manufacturing control simulation system. In: Proceedings of the winter simulation conference, Lake Buena Vista, FL (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Shen, W., Norrie, D.H.: Agent-based systems for intelligent manufacturing: a state-of-the-art survey. Knowl. Inf. Syst. 1(2), 129–156 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Tommelein, I.D., Weissenberger, M.: More Just-in-Time: location of buffers in structural steel supply and construction processes. In: Proceedings IGLC-7, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA, July 26-28 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Schonberger, R.J.: The Kanban System. In: Voss, C.A. (ed.) Just-In-Time Manufacture, pp. 59–71. IFS Ltd., UK (1987)Google Scholar
- 6.Monden, Y.: Toyota Production System. Institute of Industrial Engineers, Norcross (1983)Google Scholar
- 10.Kochel, P., Nieländer, U., Sturm, M.: KASIMIR—object-oriented KAnban SIMulation Imaging Reality. Research report, Chemnitzer Informatik-Berichte CSR-01-03. Chemnitz University of Technology, Chemnitz (2001)Google Scholar
- 18.KanbanSIMTM, PMC, http://www.pmcorp.com/kanbanSIM.shTMS
- 20.Chai, L.S.: e-based inter-enterprise supply chain Kanban for demand and order fulfilment management. SIMTech technical reports (STR_V8_N4_09_POM) 8(4) (October-December 2007)Google Scholar