Production Process Based on CIMOSA Modeling Approach and Software Agents
The paper presents the results of the authors’ studies which consisted in modeling the processes taking place in an enterprise characterized by manufacturing of complex products (machine building) of a very long production cycle. The production environment of a diesel ship engine is described. The idea of the so-called domains of the CIMOSA concept which has been used for the modeling was explained. The article introduces the multi-agent system idea on the basis of which a model will be built and used in the simulation experiment. Finally the algorithm for planning process is presented.
KeywordsDistributed manufacturing system Multi-agent systems Distributed process planning and scheduling Process modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AMICE, CIMOSA – Open System Architecture for CIM, 2nd edn. Springer, Berlin (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Jennings, N.R., Wooldridge, M.J.: Applications of Intelligent Agents. In: Agent Technology: Foundations, Applications, and Markets, pp. 3–28. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Pasek, Z.J., Trujillo, J., Pawlewski, P.: Process Flow Logic Approach to Manufacturing Process Definition, Configuration and Control. In: The proceedings 3rd International Conference on Changeable, Agile, Reconfigurable and Virtual Production, CARV 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Pawlewski, P., Golińska, P., Fertsch, M., Tujillo, J., Pasek, Z.: Multiagent approach for supply chain integration by distributed production planning, scheduling and control system. In: International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence 2008 (DCAI 2008). Advances in Soft Computing. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Pechoucek, M., Říha, A., Vokrínek, J., Marík, V., Prazma, V.: ExPlanTech: Applying Multi-agent Systems in Production Planning. Production Planning and Control 3(3), 116–125 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Saaksvuori, A., Immonen, A.: Product Lifecycle Management, 3rd edn. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Shen, W., Wang, L., Hao, Q.: Agent-Based Distributed Manufacturing Process Planning and Scheduling: A state-of-art survey. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part C: Applications and Reviews 36(4) (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Vernadat, F.B.: Potentials and benefits of Enterprise Architectures: a practitioner’s experience. In: Proceedings IESM 2007, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar