Multi-agent Personal Memory Assistant
Memory is one of our most precious goods has it gives us the ability to store, retain and recall information thus giving a meaning to our past and help us to envision our future, dreams and expectations. However, ageing decreases the capacity of remembering and the capacity to store new memories, thus affecting our life quality. These presented problems configure a social and human dilemma. With the presented work we intend to address some of these problems, thru the use of the Personal Memory Assistant (PMA) concept in order to help its user to remember things and occurrences in a proactive manner. We will also address socialization and relaxation events that should be part of the user’s life. With the use of a Multi-Agent System to implement the PMA, the objectives can be achieved in a ubiquitous and highly configurable manner. It is presented here the platform concept, scheme and the agent characteristics and their contribution to each and every agent.
KeywordsMulti-agent systems e-Health Memory Assistant Ambient Assisted Living Scheduling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.UNFPA: Population Ageing and Development: Operational Challenges In Developing Countries (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Tucker, G.: Age-Associated Memory Loss: Prevalence and Implications. Journal Watch Psychiatry (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Aguilar, J.-M., Cantos, J., Expósito, G., Gómez, P.: Tele-assistance Services to Improve the Quality of Life for Elderly Patients and their Relatives: The Tele-CARE Approach. The Journal on Information Technology in Healthcare (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Costa, Â., Novais, P., Costa, R., Neves, J.: Memory Assistant In Everyday Living. In: ESM 2009 - The 23rd annual European Simulation and Modelling Conference (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Luck, M., Ashri, R., d’Inverno, M.: Agent-Based Software Development. Artech House Publishers (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Moreno, A., Valls, A., Viejo, A.: Using JADE-LEAP to implement agents in mobile devices, http://jade.tilab.com/papers/EXP/02Moreno.pdf
- 9.Pokahr, A., Braubach, L.: From a Research to an Industrial-Strength Agent Platform: Jadex V2. 9. Internationale Tagung Wirtschaftsinformatik (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Castolo, O., Ferrada, F., Camarinha-Matos, L.: TeleCARE Time Bank: A Virtual Community for Elderly Care Supported by Mobile Agents. The Journal on Information Technology in Healthcare, 119–133 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Corchado, J., Bajo, J., Abraham, A.: GERAmI: Improving the delivery of health care. In: IEEE Intelligent Systems. Special Issue on Ambient Intelligence, 2nd edn., vol. 23, pp. 19–25 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Corchado, J., Bajo, J., Paz, Y., Tapia, D.: Intelligent Environment for Monitoring Alzheimer Patients, Agent Technology for Health Care. In: Decision Support Systems, 2nd edn., vol. 44, pp. 382–396 (2008)Google Scholar