Communicating with Public Health Organizations: An Inventory of Capacities in the European Countries
The European Centre of Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is an EU agency established in 2005 with the mission to identify, assess and communicate current and emerging threats to human health posed by infection diseases. In order to keep high quality relations with our stakeholders, it was identified the crucial need of creating a database with relevant, updated and reliable information about the contacts and organizations in the Member States. The ECDC Contacts and Organizations Database (ECO DB) aims to avoid duplications, overlapping and to increase the quality in the communication with the ECDC’s stakeholders. Microsoft CRM is the IT platform used to create the ECO DB. CRM provides a competitive set of functionalities which make this IT tool an excellent solution for contacts management which facilitates and improves the communication between the Member States and the ECDC.
KeywordsInformation architecture Public Health communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Customer Relationship Management: how a CRM system can be used in the sales process, http://www.essays.se/essay/f3d2ddb07f/ (accessed February 1, 2009)
- 2.Sopacua, E.: The Implementation of CRM in Public Health Centers and Hospitals as an Alternative for Service Marketing Strategy, http://www.journal.unair.ac.id/detail_jurnal.php?id=2240&med=6&bid=3 (accessed April 2, 2009)
- 3.Atwood, A.: InfoManagement Direct, Benefits of an Innovative CRM Solution for Health Care Organizations, http://www.information-management.com/infodirect/20061103/1066948-1.html (accessed February 1, 2009)
- 4.CRM software solutions, http://www.databasesystemscorp.com/tech_crm_applications_219.htm
- 5.Health Care Industry Opts for CRM! http://www.crminfoline.com/crm-articles/crm-health-care.htm (accessed April 2, 2009)