Compensation of Handicap and Autonomy Loss through e-Technologies and Home Automation for Elderly People in Rural Regions: An Actual Need for International Initiatives Networks
To face the problems of elderly and disabled people in a rural environment, the district of Guéret (department of Creuse, France) has set up the “Home automation and Health Pole”. In association with the University of Limoges, this structure is based on the use of e-technologies together with home automation techniques. In this frame, many international collaborations attempts have started through a BSc diploma. This paper sums up these different collaborations and directions.
KeywordsHome automation elderly people e-technologies international collaboration universities exchanges
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.European Network Of Living Labs, http://www.openlivinglabs.eu/
- 3.XLIM Research Institute, http://www.xlim.fr/en/
- 4.ENSIL Engineering School of Limoges, http://www.ensil.fr/
- 5.DOMUS laboratory in Sherbrooke, Canada, http://domus.usherbrooke.ca/?locale=en
- 6.Åsgard franco-norwegian program, http://www.france.no/pages/sciences/asgard_fr.html