Principal Tangent Sytem Reduction,
We have outlined a new method of model reduction for nonlinear control systems. The advantages of this new approach are that it is not a local method and it is not an analytic method. All it requires is numerical code that can simulate the system. Further development of this method is needed and we will report on that in future publications.
KeywordsProper Orthogonal Decomposition Simplicial Complex Reduce Order Model Principal Eigenvector Output Trajectory
- 2.Hunt, T., Krener, A.J.: Principal Tangent Data Reduction (submitted)Google Scholar
- 3.Ide, K., Kuznetsov, L., Jones, C.K.R.T.: Lagrangian data assimilation for point-vortex systems. Journal of Turbulence, 053 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Krener, A.J.: Reduced Order Models for Nonlinear Control Systems. In: Astolfi, A., Marconi, L. (eds.) Analysis and Design of Nonlinear Control Systems, In Honor of Alberto Isidori, Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Krener, A.J.: Observability of Vortex Flows. In: Fourty Seventh Conference on Decision and Control, Cancun, Mexico (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Krener, A.J., Ide, K.: Measures of Unobservability (submitted)Google Scholar