Design and Implementation of a SOA-Based Medical Grid Platform
As the evolution of information technology goes so quickly and the network technology spread so far, those healthcare scenarios only appeared in movies are coming toward us. With the E-hospital rapid growth, various types of information systems develop and use unceasingly. However, in the hospital information system of development methods under their own way, sharing of information between the systems is difficult day after day. In order to satisfy the hospital information system to the heterogeneity, interoperability, information sharing, and information integration, a kind of new software system architecture to came with the tide of fashion – Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) [1, 2, 5]. Our research take the SOA technology, combined with the grid based of the hospital for back-end platform—MedicalGrid [3, 6], provides a powerful computing capabilities, and fit with a Cross Grid Information Service (CGIS)  that enables Resource Brokers [8, 9, 10, 11] to get information from cross grid environments for other components. It can also provide medical care after discharge from hospital and health monitoring.
KeywordsInformation Technology Service Oriented Architecture Cross grid Resource Broker
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chu, X., Lonie, A., Harris, P., Thomas, S.R., Buyya, R.: A service-oriented Grid environment for integration of distributed kidney models and resources. Middleware for Grid Computing: Future Trends 20, 1095–1111 (2008)Google Scholar
- Andrzejak, C., Mastroianni, P., Fragopoulou, D., Kondo, P., Malecot, A., Reinefeld, F., Schintke, T., Schütt, G.-C., Silaghi, L.M., Silva, P., Trunfio, D., Zeinalipour-Yazti, E., Zimeo, E.: Grid Architectural Issues: State-of-the-art and Future Trends, Project no. FP6-00426 (2008)Google Scholar
- Yang, C.-T., Chen, T.-T., Chou, K.-Y., Chu, W.C.: Design and Implementation of an Information Service for Cross-Grid Computing Environments. In: 12th IEEE International Workshop on Future Trends of Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 99–105 (2008)Google Scholar
- Grit, L.E.: Broker Architectures for Service-oriented Systems (2005)Google Scholar
- Krefting, D., Bart, J., Beronov, K., Dzhimova, O., Falkner, J., Hartung, M., Hoheisel, A., Knochf, T.A., Lingner, T., Mohammed, Y., Peter, K., Rahm, E., Sax, U., Sommerfeld, D., Steinke, T., Tolxdorff, T., Vossberg, M., Viezens, F., Weisbecker, A.: MediGRID: Towards a user friendly secured grid infrastructure. Future Generation Computer Systems 25, 326–336 (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yang, C.T., Lin, C.F., Chen, S.Y.: A Workflow-based Computational Resource Broker with Information Monitoring in Grids. In: Fifth International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing (GCC 2006), pp. 199–206 (2006)Google Scholar