DCT-Based Videoprinting on Saliency-Consistent Regions for Detecting Video Copies with Text Insertion
Ideal video fingerprinting should be robust to various practical distortions. Conventional fingerprinting mainly copes with natural distortions (brightness change, resolution reduction, etc.), while always gives poor performance in case of text insertion. One alterative way is to apply a weighting scheme based on the probability of text insertion for feature similarity calculation. However, the weights must be learned with labeled samples. In this paper, we propose a method that first addresses valid regions where the saliency values keep consistent between the query and original frames, namely saliency-consistent regions. Other regions, probably the inserted ones, are discarded. Then a DCT-based hamming distance is calculated on those saliency-consistent regions. Besides, the saliency-based distance is also considered and a further weighted linear distance is evaluated. The proposed algorithm is tested on the MPEG-7 video fingerprint dataset, achieving a false rate of 0.7% in case of text insertion and 0.32% in average for other 8 distortions.
KeywordsText insertion saliency-consistent region saliency map discrete cosine transform (DCT) video copy detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Mohan, R.: Video Sequence Matching. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), vol. 6, pp. 3697–3700 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Sarkar, A., Ghosh, P., Moxley, E., Manjunath, B.S.: Video Fingerprinting: Features for Duplicate and Similar Video Detection and Query-based Video Retrieval. In: Proc. SPIE- Multimedia Content Access: Algorithms and Systems, vol. 6820 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Law-To, J., Buisson, O., Gouet-Brunet, V., Boujemaa, N.: Robust Voting Algorithm based on Labels of Behavior for Video Copy Detection. In: Proceedings of the 14th Annual ACM International Conference on Multimedia, Santa Barbara (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Iwamoto, K., Kasutani, E., Yamada, A.: Image Signature Robust to Caption Superimposition for Video Sequence Identification. In: International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 3185–3188 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Itti, L., Koch, C., Niebur, E.: A Model of Saliency-based Visual Attention for Rapid Scene Analysis. IEEE Patt. Anal. Mach. Intell., 1254–1259 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Bober, M., Brasnett, P., Iwamoto, K.: Description of Core Experiment for MPEG-7 Visual Descriptors, http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/working_documents/mpeg-07/visual/visual_ce.zip