Study on Row Scan Line Based Edge Tracing Technology for Vehicle Recognition System
In the process of the feature extraction of vehicle recognition system, the edge vector must be extracted first. However, there are many regions in an image, and it is difficult to extract the edge vectors of these regions of the objects of the image. Therefore a novel edge tracing method based on row-scan-line of image for vehicle recognition tasks is proposed. It was applied to the pixel set formed from the vehicle image in order to obtain the characteristic vector which is very import in the vehicle recognition. The paper shows the reader the feature vector for vehicle contour, the principle of this contour tracing algorithm, the structure of the recognition system, and the implement of this new approach Experiments have been conducted on the videos obtained from a real time monitor, the results show that the contour feature could be obtained in short time, the vector extracting method has good sensitivity to noise and local edge distortions, the edges of the objects could be determined easily, In particular, all of the edge vectors are extracted from the regions of the image at the same time, and a short time in computation can be achieved in the system.
Keywordstracing technology feature extraction row scan line vehicle recognition feature vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, C.-C., Huang, S.-S., Fu, L.-C.: Driver assistance system for lane detection and vehicle recognition with night vision. In: Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2005), pp. 3530–3535 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Chertov, M., Maev, G.: Extraction of the Straight Line Segments from the Noisy Images as a Part of Pattern Recognition Procedure. In: Vth International Workshop, Advances in Signal Processing for Non Destructive Evaluation of Materials, pp. 25–31 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, C., Wen, X., Yuan, H., Duan, B.: A Study on Data Parallel Optimization for Real-time Vehicle Recognition Algorithm. In: IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference Seattle, WA, USA, September 30 - October 3, pp. 661–665 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Sonka, M., Hlavac, V., Boyle, R.: Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision. Posts & Telecom Press, Beijing (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Foley, J.D., van Dam, A., Feiner, S.K., Hughes, J.F., Phillips, R.L.: Introduce to Computer graphics. China Machine Press, Beijing (2005) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Kazemi, F.M., Samadi, S.: Vehicle Recognition Based on Fourier, Wavelet and Curvelet Transforms – a Comparative Study. In: IEEE, International Conference on Information Technology (ITNG 2007), pp. 939–940 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Bagciogullari, F.: A Edge detection algorithm developed for object recognition system. In: The Symposium of 2. Signal Processing and Applications, pp. 47–52 (1994)Google Scholar
- 11.Rahati, S., Moravejian, R., Mohamad, E., Mohamad, F.: Vehicle Recognition Using Contourlet Transform and SVM. In: Fifth International Conference, April 2008, pp. 894–898 (2008)Google Scholar