The Research of the Intelligent Fault Diagnosis Optimized by ACA for Marine Diesel Engine
The marine diesel engine has the important function to guarantee the marine security and reliability. It is a strong coupling relationship’s system with multi-fault attributes. In this paper an advanced method of intelligent fault diagnosis based on fuzzy neural network (FNN) optimized and trained by ant colony algorithm (ACA) is proposed. The model, structure and parameters learning of intelligent fault diagnosis based on FNN were described concretely. The weight and the threshold value of this FNN are optimized and trained by the ant colony optimization algorithm. By simulation that has been carried out to evaluate the performance of proposed method and to compare with conventional FNN fault diagnosis method for this marine diesel engine’s combustion system, the results show good quick convergence performance. The knowledge expression and the precision of fault diagnosis also can be improved effectively. Therefore, this method has the good application prospects in other similar system.
Keywordsdiesel engine intelligent fault diagnosis fuzzy neural network (FNN) ant colony algorithm (ACA) optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, J.-l., Weng, Z.-m., Zhang, J.-d., Sun, P.-t.: The study of fault diagnosis for turbo-charging system in low-speed marine diesel engine using RBF neural network. Journal of Dalian Maritime University 26(1), 9–13 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, l., wanghua: Application of the BP Neural Network and Expert System in Fault Diagnosis. Information Technology 27(2), 66–68 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Ma, L., Lee, K.Y.: Fuzzy neural network approach for fault diagnosis of power plant thermal system under different operating points. In: IEEE Power and Energy Society 2008 General Meeting: Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, Pittsburgh, PA, United States, pp. 1–7 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhao, Y., Chen, L., Yang, Q.: The research on the fault diagnosis for boiler system based on fuzzy neural network. In: Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Chongqing, China, pp. 8552–8556 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Kopuri, S., Mansouri, N.: Enhancing scheduling solutions through ant colony optimization. In: IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 257–260 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, Y.-h., Wang, Z.: Use and reaching of ant algorithm forecasting daily water demand. Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology 37(1), 60–62 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Duan, H.-b.: Theory and Applications of ant colony algorithm. Science Publishing House, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhou, D.-h., Ye, Y.-z.: Modern Fault Diagnostics and Tolerance Control. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar