An Efficient Feature Selection Algorithm Based on Hybrid Clonal Selection Genetic Strategy for Text Categorization
Feature selection is commonly used to reduce dimensionality of datasets with thousands of features which would be impossible to process further. At present there are many methods to deal with text feature selection. To improve the performance of text categorization, we present a new feature selection algorithm for text categorization, called hybrid clonal selection genetic algorithm (HCSGA). Our experimental results, comparing HCSGA with an extensive and representative list of feature selection algorithms, show that HCSGA leads to a considerable increase in the classification accuracy, and is faster than the existing feature selection algorithms.
KeywordsText categorization Feature selection Feature extraction Hybrid clonal selection genetic algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ani, A.: Ant colony optimization for feature subset selection. Transaction on Engineering, Computing and Tecgbikigt 12(4), 35–38 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Lam, W.: Automatic textual document categorization based on generalized instance sets and a met model. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 25(2), 628–633 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Jorng, T.H., Ching, C.Y.: Applying genetic algorithms to query optimization in document retrieval. Information Processing and Management (36), 737–759 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Punch, W.F., Goodman, E.D.: Further research on feature selection and classification using genetic algorithm. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Genetic Algorithm, pp. 557–564. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Jiao, L.-c., Du, H.-f.: The prospect of the artificial immune system. Acta Electronic Since 31(10), 1540–1548 (2003)Google Scholar