Remote Access to a Building Management System
This paper presents a universal approach to the problem of a remote access to the building management system. The idea bases on the configuration of the BMS stored in the XML format. The configuration consists of defined properties of buildings, devices and states. The building management protocol for remote access to the BMS is also described. Proper commands for controlling devices, monitoring are enumerated. Shortly the solution of the problem of transaction is presented.
KeywordsRemote Access Device State Current Device Return Attribute Building Automation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pennycook, K.: Standard specification for BMS. The Chameleon Press Ltd. (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Hai-young, J., Sang-chul, Y., Duck-gu, J.: Building Management System and Method. U.S. Patent Application 20080195687 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Cser, J., Beheshti, R., van der Veer, P.: The development of an Integrated Building Management System. In: Portland International Conference on Management and Technology (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.BACnet - A Data Communication Protocol for Building Automation and Control Networks. Official Website of ASHRAE SSPC 135, http://www.bacnet.org/
- 6.Tazaki, S.: A Standard Protocol for an Autonomous, Decentralized Building Automation System. In: Proceedings of the The Fourth International Symposium on Autonomous Decentralized Systems. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Gylling, M.: Remote wireless control of building management systems automation. Master Thesis, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Ronneby (2004)Google Scholar