E-Learning Database Course with Usage of Interactive Database Querying
The problem of database issues teaching with usage of Internet tools was discussed in the paper. For this purpose the database knowledge and groups of course trainees were categorized. It has influenced the construction of a database e-learning course for which the module structure has been proposed. The designed course was implemented to the MOODLE platform. Various mechanisms for database knowledge presentation and practicing were used. This mechanisms were extended of a new activity making a database interactive querying possible. The process of the MOODLE platform extending and benefits of its usage were also presented.
KeywordsMigration Coherence Editing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Community site of Moodle platform (2009), http://moodle.org/
- 2.Date, C.J.: An Introduction to Database Systems. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Dougiamas, M.: MOODLE - Developers Manual (2006), http://cvs.moodle.org/lang/sm_utf8/docs/developer.html?view=co
- 4.Kalis, P.: How to install new module to MOODLE (2008), http://tamingmoodle.blogspot.com/2008/01/moodle-is-being-said-to-be-great-at.html
- 5.MOODLE - Activity Modules (2009), http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Modules
- 6.New Module Template Code (2009), http://download.moodle.org/plugins/mod/
- 7.PHP Manual - Database Extensions, PHP Documentation Group (2009), http://www.php.net/manual/en/refs.database.php
- 8.Ullman, J.D., Widom, J.: Podstawowy wyklad z systemow baz danych. WNT, Warszawa (2000)Google Scholar