Identification of Material Models of Nanocoatings System Using the Metamodeling Approach
Hard systems of nanocoatings deposited using PVD (physical vapor deposition) are used in the artificial heart prosthesis. Correct determination of nanomaterial parameters is crucial for accuracy of simulation. The objective of this work is identification of material parameters of nanocoatings in hard system using the inverse analysis based on the artificial neural network metamodeling. The inverse analysis was preceded by the development of the Finite Element Method (FEM) model dedicated to the nanoindentation test of the hard nanocoatings system. The performed sensitivity analysis is focused on determination of parameters, having the highest influence on FEM model response. The obtained, reliable FEM model was used next in the inverse analysis. The objective of that analysis was evaluation of the parameters of the individual layers of the nanocoating system. In order to decrease the computation time connected with the inverse analysis, the metamodeling approach was proposed. The used metamodel was based on the artificial neural network technique. The obtained results confirm the usefulness of the presented method in the identification of the material properties of the complex, nanocoating systems.
- 3.Beake, B.D., Smith, J.F., Gray, A., et al.: Investigating the correlation between nano-impact fracture resistance and hardness/modulus ratio from nanoindentation at 25-500 C and the fracture resistance and lifetime of cutting tools with Ti1-xAlxN (x=0.5 and 0.67) PVD coatings in milling operations. Surface and Coatings 201, 4585–4593 (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kopernik, M., Pietrzyk, M.: 2D numerical simulation of elasto-plastic deformation of thin hard coating systems in deep nanoindentation test with sharp indenter. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials 52, 299–310 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kopernik, M., Szeliga, D.: Modelling of nanomaterials – sensitivity analysis to determine the nanoindentation test parameters. Computer Methods in Materials Science 7, 255–261 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Kopernik, M., Stanisławczyk, A., Kusiak, J., et al.: Identification of material models in hard system of nanocoatings using metamodel. In: Korytowski, A., Mitkowski, W., Szymkat, M. (eds.) Abstr., 23rd IFIP TC7 Conference on System Modelling and Optimization, Kraków (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Kopernik, M., Stanisławczyk, A., Szeliga, D.: Problems of material models of hard nanocoatings. In: Dems, K. (ed.) Proc. 17th Int. CMM Conf., Łódź-Spała (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Kustosz, R., Major, R., Wierzchoń, T., et al.: Designing a new heart. Academia 3, 14–17 (2004)Google Scholar