Opinion Target Network and Bootstrapping Method for Chinese Opinion Target Extraction
Opinion mining systems suffer a great loss when unknown opinion targets constantly appear in newly composed reviews. Previous opinion target extraction methods typically consider human-compiled opinion targets as seeds and adopt syntactic/statistic patterns to extract opinion targets. Three problems are worth noting. First, the manually defined opinion targets are too large to be good seeds. Second, the list that maintains seeds is not powerful to represent relationship between the seeds. Third, one cycle of opinion target extraction is barely able to give satisfactory performance. As a result, coverage of the existing methods is rather low. In this paper, the opinion target network (OTN) is proposed to organize atom opinion targets of component and attribute in a two-layer graph. Based on OTN, a bootstrapping method is designed for opinion target extraction via generalization and propagation in multiple cycles. Experiments on Chinese opinion target extraction show that the proposed method is effective.
KeywordsOpinion target extraction opinion mining information extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hu, M., Liu, B.: Mining opinion features in customer reviews. In: Proc. of AAAI 2004, pp. 755–760 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Hu, M., Liu, B.: Opinion Extraction and Summarization on the Web. In: Proc. of AAAI 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Popescu, A., Etzioni, O.: Extracting product features and opinions from reviews. In: Proc. of HLT-EMNLP 2005, pp. 339–346 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Kobayashi, N., Inui, K., Matsumoto, Y.: Extracting Aspect-Evaluation and Aspect-Of Relations in Opinion Mining. In: Proc. of EMNLP-CoNLL 2007, pp. 1065–1074 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Xia, Y., Xu, R., Wong, K.-F., Zheng, F.: The Unified Collocation Framework for Opinion Mining. In: Proc. of ICMLC 2007, vol. 2, pp. 844–850 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Xu, R., Xia, Y., Wong, K.-F.: Opinion Annotation in Online Chinese Product Reviews. In: Proc. of LREC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Ma, J., Zhang, Y., Liu, T., Li, S.: A statistical dependency parser of Chinese under small training data. In: Proc. of Workshop: Beyond shallow analyses-formalisms and statistical modeling for deep analyses, IJCNLP 2004, pp. 1–5 (2004)Google Scholar