Grid Service-Based Benchmarking Tool for Computer Architecture Courses
- 1.7k Downloads
Benchmarking for educational purposes in the context of computer science can be hindered by the low number and the homogeneity of machines to be assessed, and the inaccuracy of the benchmarks to represent specific workloads. Thus, this paper proposes a benchmarking tool developed within a service-oriented grid in order to allow students to benchmark multiple workloads in machines that may belong to several educational institutions. This tool has been validated in a real educational scenario within a course on Computer Architecture.
KeywordsBenchmarking education architecture service-oriented grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ACM/IEEE: Computing Curricula 2007: Guidelines for Associate-Degree Transfer Curriculum in Computer Engineering (2007), http://www.acmtyc.org/re-ports/TYC_CEreport2007Final.pdf (last visited May 2009)
- 3.Figueiredo, R.J., et al.: Network-Computer for Computer Architecture Education: a Progress Report. In: 2001 ASEE. Albulquerque, New Mexico (June 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Foster, I., Kesselman, C.: The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Bote-Lorenzo, M.L., et al.: A Grid Service-Based Collaborative Network Simulation Environment for Computer Networks Education. In: ICALT 2007, Niigata, Japan (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Bagnasco, A., et al.: Computational grids and online laboratories. In: ELeGI Conference. Workshops in Computing, BCS Napoles, Italy (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Foster, I., et al.: The Open Grid Services Architecture, Version 1.0. Technical report, Gridforum (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Committee Draft 02: Web Service Resource Framework (WSRF) - Primer v1.2. Technical report, Oasis (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.The Globus Alliance, http://www.globus.org (Last visited May 2009)