Integrating Rough Set and Genetic Algorithm for Negative Rule Extraction
Rule extraction is an important issue in data mining field. In this paper, we study the extraction problem for the complete negative rules of the form ¬R →¬D. By integrating rough set theory and genetic algorithm, we propose a coverage matrix based on rough set to interpret the solution space and then transform the negative rule extraction into set cover problem which can be solved by genetic algorithm. We also develop a rule extraction system based on the existing data mining platform. Finally, we compare our approach with other related approaches in terms of F measure. The comparison experimental results on the real medical and benchmark datasets show that our approach performs efficiently for incompatible and value missing data.
KeywordsRough Sets Genetic Algorithm Negative Rule Rule Extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Agrawal, R., Imielinski, T., Swami, A.: Mining association rules between sets of items in large databases. In: Proc. of SIGMOD, pp. 207–216 (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.: UCI machine learning repository. Technical report, University of California, Irvine, School of Information and Computer Sciences (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Quinlan, J.R.: C4.5: Programs for machine learning. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1993)Google Scholar
- 10.Kohavi, R.: The power of decision tables. In: Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 174–189 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Mark, H., Eibe, F.: Combining naive bayes and decision tables. In: Proceedings of the 21st Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Conference, Miami, Florida (2008)Google Scholar