- 505 Downloads
The fact that established license management solutions like FlexNet are not supported in Grid or Cloud environments is one of the main inhibitors for the uptake of Grid or Cloud technology in Industry. In order to resolve the issue the BEinGRID project has initiated a dedicated License Management Technical Cluster. The Cluster has developed design patterns as well as corresponding implementations, which allow the use of currently available technology in Grid or Cloud environments. The solutions are generic and additionally support the transition to pay-per-use scenarios for licensed applications from Independent Software Vendors.
KeywordsGrid Environment Grid Middlewares Local Scheduler Accounting Context Access Control List
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Acresso Software, http://www.acresso.com
- 2.Y. Raekow, C. Simmendinger, O. Krämer-Fuhrmann, License management in grid and high performance computing, in International Supercomputing Conference (2009) Google Scholar
- 3.C. Simmendinger, Y. Raekow, O. Krämer-Fuhrmann, H. Herenger, Support for client-server based license management schemes in the grid, in Collaboration and the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies, ed. by P. Cunningham, M. Cunningham (IOS Press, Amsterdam, 2008) Google Scholar
- 4.Simple One Time Passwords (OTP) authentication for PAM (PAM_SOTP), http://www.cavecanen.org/cs/projects/pam_sotp/
- 5.SmartLM European FP7 project—Grid-friendly software licensing for location independent application, http://www.smartlm.eu/
- 6.Sockets Server SS5, http://ss5.sourceforge.net
- 7.SOCKS Protocol Version 5, RFC1928, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1928