Web Services Discovery with QoS Based on P2P
Web services provide a loosely coupled paradigm for distributed processing. But the traditional Web services discovery mechanism is based on the centralized UDDI, which lead to performance bottlenecks if a large number of clients visit it and there is also a potential single-point fault. To achieve the high scalability and efficiency, the decentralized Web services discovery approach based on P2P can be used. Combining P2P and Web services together can solve the centralized UDDI problems. In this paper, the novel architecture for Web services discovery based on P2P taking into account QoS characteristics has two layers. The main registry peers in the top layer can be form DHT system based on the basic Chord algorithm. In lower layer topology, some registered node of Web services form the unstructured topology.
KeywordsWeb services peer-to-peer Web services discovery quality of service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lublinsky, B.: Defining SOA as an architectural style [EB/OL], http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices
- 2.Papazoglou, M.P., Georgakopoulos, D.: Serive-Oriented Computing. Communcications of the ACM 46(10), 25–65 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Lublinsky, B.: Defining SOA as an architectural style [EB/OL], http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices
- 4.Milojicic, D.S., Kalogeraki, V., Lukose, R., et al.: Peer-to-Peer Computing. HP Laboratories, Palo Alto (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.O’Sullivan, J., Edmond, D., ter Hofstede, A.: What’s in a Service? Distributed and Parallel Databases 12(2-3), 117–133 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Lua, E.K., Crowcroft, J., Pias, M., et al.: A Survey and Comparison of Peer-to-Peer Overlay Network Schemes. In: Submission to IEEE Communications Tutorials and Surveys (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Saroiu, S., Gummadi, P.K., Gribble, S.D.: A Measurement Study of Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Systems. Presented at Multimedia Computing and Networking (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Ratnasamy, S., Shenker, S., Stoica, I.: Routing algorithms for DHTs: Some open questions. Presented at IPTPS 2002, Cambridge, USA (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, R., Zhang, Z., Wang, Z., et al.: WebPeer: A P2P-based System for Publishing and Discovering Web Services. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Stoica, I., Morris, R., Karger, D., Frans Kaashoek, M., Balakrishnan, H.: Chord: A scalable peer-to-peer lookup service for internet applications. Presented at ACM SIGCOMM (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Karger, D., et al.: Consistent Hashing and Random Trees: Distributed Caching Protocols for Relieving Hot Spots on the World Wide Web. In: Proc. 29th Annual ACM Symp. Theory of Comp., pp. 654–663 (May 1997)Google Scholar
- 12.The Gnutella protocol specification v4.0, http://dss.clip2.com/GnutellaProtocol04.pdf