An Improved Algorithm H-Vegas for Enhancing Compatibility with TCP Reno
With the development of the Internet, network congestion problem are more and more serious. It is an important subject how to improve the existing congestion control algorithm. In order to solve the problem, there are many congestion control algorithms. They can be divided into end-to-end congestion control and based on the network congestion control. This paper mainly focuses on end-to-end congestion control. By analyzing the TCP Vegas and its related improved algorithm based on the incompatible of TCP Vegas sharing bandwidth with TCP Reno, it has proposed an improved algorithm of TCP Vegas, namely H-Vegas. The new algorithm has combined the characteristics of TCP Reno and TCP Vegas, enhanced the compatibility with TCP Reno by improving congestion avoidance algorithm. According to the results of simulation on NS2, the algorithm is validated.
KeywordsCongestion control TCP Reno algorithm TCP Vegas algorithm compatibility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Luo, W., Lin, C.: TCP/IP congestion control study. Computer Journal 1(24) (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Joel, S., Ben, S.: TCP New Vegas:Improving the Performance of TCP Vegas Over High Latency Links. In: Proceeding of the 2005 4th IEEE International Symposim on Network Computing and Applications (NCV 2005), vol. 28(4), pp. 429–440. IEEE Press, Cambridge (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Joel, S., Ben, S.: TCP New Vegas:Performance Evaluation and Validation. In: Proceeding of the 11th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2006), pp. 541–546. IEEE Press, Cagliari (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Meng, C.: The Research of TCP Vegas Algorithm. Sichuan University, Chengdu (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, L., Pang, B., Zhao, Y.: NS and Network Simulation. Posts & Telecom Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar