The Study on Library Service’s Transformation and Innovation Based on Web 2.0
The advent of Web2.0 era clearly shows the arrival of a revolutionary change age to us. It not only has great impacts on the present library service, but also brings the library new opportunities and unprecedented challenges. But one thing is certain that the ultimate goal of the extensive use of modern technology on library is to provide better and super service to users. The service tenet of “People oriented, customer first, to serve the user wholeheartedly, and to provide satisfied service to users” never changes. Pursuing quality service is always the eternal theme of the library.
KeywordsLibrary service Web2.0 innovation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.What is web 2.0? (March 26, 2010), http://www.marketingman.net/FAQ/0051.htm
- 2.TimO’Reilly. “ What is web 2.0?” [EB/OL] (January 24, 2010), http://www.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html
- 3.Card, K., Miller, P.: Do libraries matter ? The rise of Library 2.0 (February 24, 2010), http://www.talis.com/downloads/whitepapers/DoLibrariesMatter.pdf
- 4.Zhang, S., Leng, F.: Acquisition of Personalized Information and Realization of Personalized Services in the Web Environment. Journal, 77–81 (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Ping, K.: Understanding Library Service. Library Development, 12–16 (March 2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Jing, G., Qiaoying, Z., Wei, P., Fang, L.: Library2.0 Application: Based on a Patron Survey. Library Journal, 30–34 (January 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Ren, S., Sheng, X.: Information Commons: Theory, Establishing Patterns and Implementation Strategy. Library and Information Service, 82–85 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Liping, K.: Improving the practice of library service 2.0—An empirical study by focus group. Library and Information Service (1), 67–70 (2010)Google Scholar