A Homomorphic Method for Sharing Secret Images
In this paper, we present a new method for sharing images between two parties exploiting homomorphic property of public key cryptosystem. With our method, we show that it is possible to multiply two encrypted images, to decrypt the resulted image and after to extract and reconstruct one of the two original images if the second original image is available. Indeed, extraction and reconstruction of original image at the receiving end is done with the help of carrier image. Experimental results and security analysis show the effectiveness of the proposed scheme.
KeywordsCryptosystem Homomorphism Image encryption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Borie, J.C., Puech, W., Dumas, M.: Encrypted Medical Images for Secure Transfer. In: ICDIA 2002, Diagnostic Imaging and Analysis, Shanghai, R.P. China, August 2002, pp. 250–255 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Gamal, E.: A Public-Key Cryptosystem and a Signature Scheme Based on Discrete logarithms. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 469–472 (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.Prasanna, S.R.M., Rao, Y.V.S., Mitra, A.: An Image Encryption Method with Magnitude and Phase Manipulation using Carrier Images. International Journal of Computer Vision 1(2), 132–137 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Puech, W., Rodrigues, J.M.: A New Crypto-Watermarking Method for Medical Images Safe Transfer. In: Proc. 12th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2004), Vienna, Austria, pp. 1481–1484 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Rappe, D.K.: Homomorphic Cryptosystems and their Applications. Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2006/001 (2006)Google Scholar