Fast Embedding Technique for Dirty Paper Trellis Watermarking
This paper deals with the improvement of the Dirty Paper Trellis Code (DPTC) watermarking algorithm. This watermarking algorithm is known to be one of the best among the high rate watermarking schemes. Nevertheless, recent researches reveal its security weakness. Previously, we proposed to reinforce its security by using a secret space before the embedding. This secret space requires to compute projections onto secrets carriers. When dealing with high rate watermarking, the CPU cost for those projections is dramatically high. After introducing the watermarking scheme, we then propose two Space Division Multiplexing (SDM) approaches which reduce the complexity. Evaluations are achieved with four different attacks and show that our proposal gives better robustness results with SDM approaches.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Chaumont, M.: A Novel Embedding Technic for Dirty Paper Trellis Watermarking. In: IEEE International Conference On Image Processing, ICIP 2009, Cairo, Egypt (submitted)(November 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Bas, P., Doërr, G.: Evaluation of an Optimal Watermark Tampering Attack Against Dirty Paper Trellis Schemes. In: 10th ACM workshop on Multimedia and Security, MM&Sec 2008, Oxford, United Kingdom, September 2008, pp. 227–232 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Kerckhoffs, A.: La Cryptographie Militaire. Journal des Sciences Militaires IX, 5–38 (January 1883); pp. 161–191 (February 1883)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, C., Doërr, G., Cox, I.J.: Toward a Better Understanding of Dirty Paper Trellis Codes. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP 2006, Toulouse, France, May 2006, vol. 2, pp. 233–236 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Lin, L., Cox, I.J., Doërr, G., Miller, M.L.: An Efficient Algorithm for Informed Embedding of Dirty Paper Trellis Codes for Watermarking. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2005, Genova, Italy, September 2005, vol. 1, pp. 697–700 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Cox, I., Miller, M., Bloom, J., Fridrich, J., Kalker, T.: 5. in Multimedia Information and Systems. In: Digital Watermarking and Steganography, 2nd edn., pp. 110–117. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (2007)Google Scholar