An Electronically Tunable SIMO Biquad Filter Using CCCCTA
This paper presents an electronically tunable single input multiple output (SIMO) biquad filter using current controlled current conveyor transconductance amplifiers (CCCCTAs). The proposed filter employs only two CCCCTA and three capacitors out of which two are permanently grounded. The proposed filter realizes low pass (LP), band pass (BP) and high pass (HP) responses in voltage form as well as in transadmittance form simultaneously. The circuit can also realize band reject (BR) as well as all pass (AP) responses in transadmittance form, with interconnection of relevant output currents. The circuit enjoys an independent current control of pole frequency and bandwidth as well as quality factor and bandwidth. Both the active and passive sensitivities are no more than unity. The validity of proposed filter is verified through PSPICE simulations.
KeywordsCCCCTA SIMO filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wilson, B.: Recent Developments in Current Mode Circuits. Proc. IEE, Pt G. 137, 63–67 (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Maheshwari, S.: High Performance Voltage-Mode Multifunction Filter with Minimum Component Count. WSEAS Transactions on Electronics 5, 244–249 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Siripruchyanun, M., Jaikla, W.: Current Controlled Current Conveyor Transconductance Amplifier (CCCCTA): A Building Block for Analog Signal Processing. In: Proceeding of ISCIT 2007, Sydney, Australia, pp. 1072–1075 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Siripruchyanun, M., Phattanasak, M., Jaikla, W.: Current Controlled Current Conveyor Transconductance Amplifier (CCCCTA): A Building Block for Analog Signal Processing. In: 30th Electrical Engineering Conference (EECON-30), pp. 897–900 (2007)Google Scholar
- 19.Hou, C.L., Lin, C.C.: A Filter with Three Voltage-Inputs and One Voltage-Output and One Current Output Using Current Conveyors. Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering 7, 145–148 (2004)Google Scholar
- 21.Maheshwari, S.: Current-Mode Filters with High Output Impedance and Employing Only Grounded Components. WSEAS Transactions on Electronics 5, 238–243 (2008)Google Scholar
- 22.Frey, D.R.: Log-Domain Filtering: An Approach to Current-Mode Filtering. IEE Proceedings-G: Circuits, Devices and Systems 140, 406–416 (1993)Google Scholar