An Architecture for Handling Fuzzy Queries in Data Warehouses
This paper presents an augmented architecture of Data Warehouse for fuzzy query handling to improve the performance of Data Mining process. The performance of Data Mining may become worst while mining the fuzzy information from the large Data Warehouses. There are number of preprocessing steps suggested and implemented so far to support the mining process. But querying large Data warehouses for fuzzy information is still a challenging task for the researchers’ community. The model proposed here may provide a more realistic and powerful technique for handling the vague queries directly. The basic idea behind the creation of Data Warehouses is to integrate a large amount of pre-fetched data and information from the distributed sources for direct querying and analysis .But the end user’s queries contain the maximum fuzziness and to handle those queries directly may not yield the desired response. So the model proposed here will create a fuzzy extension of Data warehouse by applying Neuro-Fuzzy technique and the fuzzy queries then will get handled directly by the extension of data warehouse.
KeywordsData Warehouse Architecture Data Mining Fuzzy Query ANN Fuzzy Logic α-cut operation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kim, M.W., Lee, J.G., Min, C.: Efficient Fuzzy rule generation based on fuzzy decision tree for data mining. In: IEEE International Fuzzy System conference proceedings Seoul, Korea (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Fayyad, U.M., Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., Smyth, P.: Data mining to Knowledge Discovery: An overview. In: Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 1–34. MIT Press, Cambridge (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Krishna, P.R., De Kumar, S.: A fuzzy approach to build an intelligent data warehouse. Journal of Intelligent and fuzzy system (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Gains, B.R.: Logical foundation for database System. Intern. J. of Machine Studies (1979b)Google Scholar
- 5.Chiang, D., Chow, L.R., Hsien, N.: Fuzzy information in extended fuzzy relational databases. Fuzzy sets and Systems 92 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, S.-M., Jong, W.T.: Fuzzy query translation for Relational Database Systems. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and cybernetics-part B: Cybernetics 27(4) (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Yen, J., Langari, R.: Fuzzy Logic, Intelligence, control and Information, pp. 57–84. Pearson Education, London (2003)Google Scholar