Design and Implementation of Operation Replay for Virtual Experiment
Although virtual experiment systems have been widely used in universities and colleges, many functions, such as experiment demonstration and experiment process analysis, need to be extended. Operation replay is the core and foundation of these 2 functions. Under MFC framework, the mechanism of operation replay is studied. A method based on message capturing and sending is proposed and the feasibility of this method is proved by using DFA theory. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed method is effective and can be realized in existed MFC-based VESs easily. The idea of operation replay has some referential value for other e-learning system researchers and developers .
Keywordsvirtual experiment system operation replay valid message
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ma, J., Nickerson, J.V.: Hands-on, Simulated, and Remote Laboratories: A comparative Literature Review. ACM Computing Surveys 38(3), Article 7 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Xingming, O., Xiaolong, Y., Xinrong, X.: Design and Implementation of Virtual Lab Based on Internet. Computer Engineering (in Chinese) 30(4), 185–186 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chang, J.-C., Li, S.-C.: Monitoring the Experiment Process and Diagnosing the Experiment Mistakes Made by Students with Petri Net Modeling. In: Pan, Z., Aylett, R.S., Diener, H., Jin, X., Göbel, S., Li, L. (eds.) Edutainment 2006. LNCS, vol. 3942, pp. 108–115. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Xu, G., Rountev, A., Tang, Y., Qin, F.: Efficient Checkpointing of Java Software Using Context-Sensitive Capture and Replay. In: Proceedings of the 6th joint meeting of the European software engineering conference and the ACM SIGSOFT symposium on The foundations of software engineering, pp. 85–94 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Steven, J., Chandra, P., Fleck, B., Podgurski, A.: jRapture: A Capture/Replay Tool for Observation-Based Testing. In: Proceedings of the 2000 ACM SIGSOFT international symposium on Software testing and analysis, pp. 158–167 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Desktop Screen Record5, http://www.recordscreen.com/
- 9.Blackboard (2005), http://www.blackboard.com/