A Parallel 3D Code for Simulation of Self-gravitating Gas-Dust Systems
- 842 Downloads
A parallel 3D code for simulation of galaxies and protoplanetary discs is developed. The model includes dust, gas, gravitation and friction between dust and gas. The kinetic equation for dust particles is solved by PIC method. Gas dynamics equations are solved by FLIC method. In parallel implementation a domain decomposition technique is used where each subdomain is processed by a group of processors. Results of parallelization efficiency are presented.
KeywordsPoisson Equation Gravitational Potential Parallel Implementation Protoplanetary Disc Small Grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.O’Shea, B., Bryan, G., Bordner, J., et al.: Introducing Enzo, an AMR Cosmology Application. Adaptive mesh refinement: theory and applications. Springer Lecture Notes Comput. Sci. Engng., pp. 134–142 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Hockney, R.W., Eastwood, J.W.: Computer Simulation Using Particles. IOP Publishing, Bristol (1988)Google Scholar
- 10.Grigoryev, Yu.N., Vshivkov, V.A., Fedoruk, M.P.: Numerical ”Particle-in-Cell” Methods. Theory and Applications. VSP (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Belocerkovskiy, O.M., Davydov, Yu.M.: Large particles method in gas dynamics. M.: Nauka (in Russian) (1982)Google Scholar
- 12.Kireev, S.E.: Parallel implementation of particle-in-cell method for simulation of gravitational cosmodynamics problems. Avtometriya (in Russian) 3, 32–39 (2006)Google Scholar