An Ontology for the Care of the Elder at Home
The health-care of the elder at home is highly demanded in modern societies. It is based on the difficult task of coordinating multiple professionals and procedures acting on the same patient. K4CARE is a project aiming at implementing and testing a technology-based incremental and adaptable model to assist health care systems in home care. One of the key components of this model is the Case Profile Ontology (CPO) that is used to support the activities in the life-cycle of home care. These activities define a path that goes from assessing the problem to deploying a care plan. Along this path several CPO-based tools have been implemented to ease the assessment step, to manage care plans as State-Decision-Action diagrams, to combine care plans for comorbid patients, and to personalize care plans. The use of these tools significantly reduces the complexity of dealing with patients at home.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Campana, F., Annicchiarico, R., Riaño, D., et al.: The K4CARE model (2006), http://www.k4care.net/fileadmin/k4care/public_website/downloads/K4C_Model_D01.rar
- 3.Gibert, K., Valls, A., Riaño, D.: Knowledge engineering as a support for building an actor profile ontology for integrating home-care systems. In: Proc. MIE, Göteborg, Sweden (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Riaño, D.: The SDA* model: a set theory approach. In: Proc. 20th CBMS, Slovenia (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.López-V, J.A., Riaño, D.: SDA lab v1.3 (2007), http://banzai-deim.urv.net/repositories/repositories.html
- 6.Ramsdell, J.W. (ed.): Medical management of the home care patient: guidelines for physicians. American Medical Association (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Guideline on medicinal products for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. In: EMEA/CHMP (2007), http://www.emea.europa.eu/pdfs/human/ewp/055395endraft.pdf
- 8.Ercolani, S., Federici, A., et al.: Formal Intervention Plans II. K4CARE project D06.2 deliverable (2008), Available from email@example.comGoogle Scholar
- 9.Campana, F., Riaño, D., et al.: Formal Intervention Plans III. K4CARE project D06.3 deliverable (2008), Available from firstname.lastname@example.orgGoogle Scholar
- 10.Anatomical therapeutic chemical classification system (2008), http://www.whocc.no/atcddd/
- 11.International classification of diseases (ICD), http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/
- 12.OWL Web Ontology Language Guide (2004), http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/
- 16.Johnson, P.D., Tu, S., Booth, N., et al.: Using scenarios in chronic disease management guidelines for primary care. In: Proc. AMIA (2000)Google Scholar