Modelling and Verification of Web Navigation
Web navigation model provides a dynamic view for web modelling. It is useful for clarifying requirements and specifying implementation behaviors of systems from design intensions. In this paper, we propose a formal model to describe web navigation of user behaviors, where link activities play an important role. Several issues have been considered in our model, such as web browser effects, adaptive navigation, frame communication etc. After the link activity model is established, we use model checker SPIN to check whether there exist problems such as such as broken links, dead ends, missed reply pages, reachability of pages etc. This method can help us to analyze user behaviors, meanwhile it provides us a way to expose design faults in web systems.
KeywordsWeb Modelling Link Analysis Requirement Engineering Model Checking
- 6.Han, M., Hofmeister, C.: Modeling and Verification of Adaptive Navigation in Web Applications. In: ICWE 2006, Palo Alto, California, USA, July 11-14, pp. 329–336 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Holzmann, G.J.: Basic Spin Manual (1980), http://cm.bell-labs.com/netlib/spin/whatispin.html
- 8.Koch, N., Baumeister, H., Hennicker, R., Mandel, L.: Extending UML to Model Navigation and Presentation in Web Applications. In: Workshop on Modelling Web Applications in UML, UML 2000, New York, UK (October 2000) Google Scholar
- 9.Ricca, F., Tonella, P.: Analysis and Testing of Web Applications. In: Proc. of 23rd Int. Conference on Software Engineering, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 2001, pp. 25–34 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Rational Software, Pearl Circle Online Auction Reference Application Software Architecture Document, Issue 0.2, Rational Software (2001)Google Scholar