Towards an Holistic Understanding of Tasks, Objects and Location in Collaborative Environments
In this paper a task modeling approach is presented which tackles the integration of different kinds of models by a generic framework. The application of the framework is shown for collaborative environments, a certain sub set of ubiquitous computing environments. In these environments tasks have a close bond to the location of the executing actor as well the state of the involved objects. Therefore a location specification and a domain model are used to constrain the task execution. The language is supported by a tool, the CTML editor and simulator, which covers all steps of development from creation, editing, testing and verification. Such a model is particularly from interest for the intention recognition module of our experimental infrastructure of a collaborative environment.
KeywordsCollaborative Task Modeling Domain Modeling Collaborative Environments Location Modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Dittmar, A., Forbrig, P.: The Influence of Improved Task Models on Dialogues. In: CADUI, pp. 1–14 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Annett, J., Duncan, K.D.: Task Analysis and Training Design. Journal of Occupational Psychology 41, 211–221 (1967)Google Scholar
- 9.UML, Unified Modeling Language, http://www.uml.org/ (accessed July 10, 2008)
- 10.Molina, A.I., Redondo, M.A., Ortega, M., Hoppe, U.: CIAM: A Methodology for the Development of Groupware User Interfaces. Journal of Universal Computer Science 14, 1435–1446 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Penichet, V.M.R., Lozano, M.D., Gallud, J.A., Tesoriero, R.: Analysis models for user interface development in collaborative systems. In: CADUI 2008, Alabcete, Spain (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Wurdel, M., Sinnig, D., Forbrig, P.: Towards a Formal Task-based Specification Framework for Collaborative Environments. In: CADUI 2008, Albacete, Spain (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Sommerville, I.: Software Engineering (Update), 8th edn. International Computer Science. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc., Boston (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Wurdel, M., Sinnig, D., Forbrig, P.: CTML: Domain and Task Modeling for Collaborative Environments. JUCS, 14(human-Computer Interaction) (2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Wurdel, M., Burghardt, C., Forbrig, P.: Supporting Ambient Environments by Extended Task Models. In: Proc. AMI 2007 Workshop on MDSE for AmI Applications (2007)Google Scholar