Development of RFID Textile and Human Activity Detection Applications
We developed RFID woven textile and a customized textile inspection machine with an automatic map making function. These developments have potentials to extend location aware systems in real use. In this paper, we present a process of the development of RFID, the developed map-making system and an accuracy of the automatically made map and time saving effect. And we outlined two prototypes of human activity detection using RFID textile. One is a pilot application of a tracking system using 19-meter coated RFID textile as a carpet. A person’s tracking is detected by shoes that RFID readers were embedded. Another one is a pilot application of a human-activity tracking system using RFID textile wear. By wearing it, the predefined behaviour is detected by embedded RFID readers in the environment. In section 6 conclusions and future works are discussed.
KeywordsRFID textile Map making system Human activity detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Meyer, S., Rakotonirainy, A.: A Survey of Research on Context-Aware Homes. In: Workshop on Wearable, Invisible, Context-Aware, Ambient, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 21, pp. 1–10 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Ravindranath, L., Padmanabhan, N.V., Agrawal, P.: SixthSense: RFID-based Enterprise Intelligence. In: Proceedings of MobiSys 2008, pp. 253–266. ACM Press, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Konomi, S., Roussos, G.: Ubiquitous computing in the real world: lessons learnt from large scale RFID deployments. In: Personal Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 507–521. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Amemiya, T., Yamashita, J., Hirota, K., Hirose, M.: Virtual Leading Blocks for the Deaf-Blind: A Real-Time Way-Finder by Verbal-Nonverbal Hybrid Interface and High-Density RFID Tag Space. In: Proceedings of the VR 2004, pp. 165–172. IEEE Publishing, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Scooter, S., Helal, S.: A passive rfid information grid for location and proximity sensing for the blind user. In: University of Florida Technical Report number TR04-009 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Smart carpet, vorwerk and co. (2006), http://www.vorwerk-teppich.de