Development of an Evaluation Method for Office Work Productivity
The authors have developed a performance test, CPTOP2 (Cognitive Performance Test of Productivity), which consists of four task tests to evaluate cognitive abilities of office workers in order to quantitatively and objectively evaluate their productivity by controlling office environment. In addition, the testing time of CPTOP2 becomes shorter than conventional CPTOP2 in order to introduce it in evaluation of actual office environment. In this study, two subject experiments were conducted to verify its function and accuracy. The function of CPTOP2 was verified by measuring brain activity by fNIRS when conducting CPTOP2 test. The accuracy of CPTOP2 was verified by comparing improvement of performance indexes of CPTOP2 with that of simulated office work.
Keywordsoffice environment performance test fNIRS cognitive ability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lomonaco, G., Miller, D.: Environmental Satisfaction, Personal Control and the Positive Correlation to Increased Productivity, Johnson Controls Inc. (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Brill, M.: Using Office Design to Increase Productivity, vol. I. Buffalo Workspace Design and Productivity Inc. (1984)Google Scholar
- 3.Shimoda, H., Ito, K., Hattori, Y., Ishii, H., Yoshikawa, H., Obayashi, F., Terano, M.: Development of Productivity Evaluation Method to Improve Office Environment. In: 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 9(2), pp. 939–947 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Fleishman, E.A., Reilly, M.E.: Handbook of Human Abilities, pp. 1–37. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Enomoto, K., Kondo, Y., Obayashi, F., Iwakawa, M., Ishii, H., Shimoda, H., Terano, M.: An Experimental Study on Improvement of Office Work Productivity by Circadian Rhythm Light. In: The 12th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, WMSCI 2008, vol. VI, pp. 121–126 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Obayashi, F., Kawauchi, M., Terano, M., Tomita, K., Hattori, Y., Shimoda, H., Ishii, H., Yoshikawa, H.: Development of an Illumination Control Method to Improve Office Productivity. In: 12th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 9(2), pp. 939–947 (2007)Google Scholar